This page contains links to the latest information for parents and caregivers about COVID-19. It will be updated regularly as new information becomes available.
Student Support Services have provided these links to get in contact:
- Principal's end of Term One letter published. This contains important information about arrangements for children attending next week.
- PRSHS wishes all our students, parents, carers, families and community a safe break. We are in this together Park Ridge.
- QLD Premier Annastasia Palaszczuk announced Friday 27 March would be the last day of term and the week commencing 30/3/20 would be Student Free. Supervision would be available for children of essential workers.
- All parents were sent an SMS message asking whether their student would attend next week.
- PM Scott Morrison has said at this stage schools must remain open until the end of term one and that closing them will do more harm than good. Parents are advised they should continue to send their child to school unless they are unwell.
- Letter to parents/ with updated information published. This includes information about acceptable student behaviour and hygiene practices during this period.
- Letter to parents with online learning information published. This outlines the parent and school's responsibilities around providing work when students are absent from school.
- Parents with students who will be absent from school are asked to complete an Exemption Application Form.
- IT Support are releasing 80 additional Scholarship loan laptops to students in financial need. Applications on a first in, first served basis. Forms are available from the office and the IT Help Desk.
- Groups of more than 100 people for non-essential gatherings have been banned by the Australian government, however this does not apply to schools. We have decided to halt weekly Year Level Assemblies until further notice due to our large school size.
- The Year 7 Home Economics afternoon teas on 19/3 and 23/3 have been cancelled to prevent unnecessary gatherings.
- COVID-19 page (this page) set up to collate updates
- School assembly has been cancelled this week (over 500 attendees). Year level assemblies held to communicate COVID-19 messages to students instead.
- Students informed about current situation, not to be alarmed but to practice good hygiene and social distancing. Respect and proper use of toilet facilities is everyone's responsibility.
- Classes running as normal, no changes to the timetable
- All toilet blocks inspected and anti-bacterial hand wash and paper towels restocked. Toilets will be inspected several times daily including before, during and after lunch breaks.
Articles & messages to parents:
Make sure you follow our Facebook page for the latest information.
Resources for online learning will be published here through the week.
Students can also access messages and class details through SharePoint (student login required).