By far, the most convenient option for families is to purchase their own device. Park Ridge SHS has partnered with several vendors and has online portals available through our website. However, the school has developed options to support all families to access BYOD.
The school is proudly committed to our obligations as a public education institution to deliver high and equitable learning outcomes to all our students, no matter their families' financial means. The school offers a limited supply of laptops that are available to purchase or hire if a family is facing financial hardship in providing their own BYOD device. In extreme cases, families can apply for a Equity Laptop Scholarship at no cost.
There are several ways to access devices from Park Ridge State High School. See our guide for more information:
4 Ways to BYOD guide (PDF, 548KB).
Laptops for purchase
Buy a pre-loved device from the school that does all the things you need it to.
These Lenovo 11e machines are reliable as the day they were made. Compact and light, these feature an 11.6" screen, 4GB ram, 300GB hard drive, speedy Wi-Fi and an Intel Core M-5Y10c dual core for long battery life.
All Lenovo laptops for sale will include a fresh installation of Windows 10.
Check out the spec sheet (PDF, 112KB) and see if this device is right for you.
Available for $200 outright from the finance window. Families can also pay off the device through a rent-to-buy arrangement at just $50/term. Please note, the laptop is still the property of the school with school software installed until the final payment is made.
Please note, these do not have a warranty period, however Park Ridge IT Support will provide support for 2020 for hardware and software faults. Accidental damage is not covered.
Laptops come with a charger.
Future students for 2020: We cannot accept payment this year but we will reserve your laptop for payment and collection at the start of 2020.
Order a laptop to purchase online here.
Hire a device
Our brand new hire devices are a great mix of convenience and peace of mind.
Park Ridge SHS has not just one device but two exciting options for families in 2020, so you can pick the device that fits your needs best.
- Our Dell Education 3190 2-in-1 are a small but tough convertible laptop that comes with a touch screen and optional stylus. Boasting a screen with tough Corning Gorilla Glass with 10x scratch resistance and a rubberised finish designed to withstand drops from up to 30". With up to 10 hours battery life. An excellent option for junior students at $300/year ($75/term).
- Our Acer Spin 5 will make your student feel like a professional. With its premium construction and power inside, this device is a great option for aspiring seniors. A 2-in-1 convertible with touch screen and optional stylus, it also features USB-C, SD card reader and an Intel i3 processor. Available at $400/year ($100/term).
Check out the spec sheets (PDF, 349KB) and see if this device is right for you.
Please note, accidental damage requiring repair will result in a fee of up to a maximum $200.
Order a 2-in-1 hire laptop online here.
Exceptional hardship – Equity laptop scholarship
Park Ridge State High School supports families in financial stress who are not able to buy or hire a device.
Park Ridge SHS believes in providing equitable learning opportunities regardless of financial circumstances and offers limited Equity laptop scholarships to students in need.
How to apply
Families can apply online using the link at the bottom of this webpage. If you have difficulty completing the application please call the school on 3380 4111 and a staff member will assist you over the phone.
This scheme is open to all families in financial stress and is only to be used if all other options have been exhausted.
When applying for the scholarship, the school will assess each application on a needs-first basis.
- Applications for 2020 open Wednesday 30 October 2019 and run until the allocation is exhausted.
Applicants who apply before the end of school in 2019 will be notified of their application result by Friday 13 December 2019 (last day of school). Unsuccessful applicants may be contacted individually to discuss what other support the school can offer.
Successful applicants will receive an end-of-life Lenovo L430 laptop from the school to use in their coursework. Battery performance will have degraded since time of purchase and families should expect an absolute maximum of two years of useful device life.
Check out the spec sheet (PDF, 126KB) and see if this device is right for you.
Terms and conditions of the scholarship
- Students must adhere to the schools ICT Acceptable Use and BYOD policy at all times
- Students must behave in a way that represents the school positively
- If the student leaves Park Ridge SHS, before the end of the school year in which they received the laptop, the school reserves the right to retain the Equity Scholarship Laptop and re-distribute it to another current student
- Parent/Guardian are expected to participate in the Student Resource Scheme, ensuring payments are made in accordance with the scheme / or that families in financial difficulties have entered into a payment plan with the Business Manager.