Park Ridge State High School has 900 optional lockers available for student use as part of its BYOx program. Lockers and tamper-proof combination locks are provided at no additional cost - it's included in the Student Resource Scheme payment.
In 2021, students are able to request a locker by completing a request form on the Student SharePoint homepage. Instructions on how to complete this will be provided to all new and Year 7 students on Day 1.
Lockers are spread throughout the school grounds and the vast majority have CCTV 24hr surveillance.
Rules of Use
Lockers are made available to all BYOx students in order to help protect their devices and belongings. The following rules govern the use of school lockers:
- Lockers are assigned for the year and the student is responsible for maintaining the locker and combination padlock in good order until it is formally returned at the end of the year.
- Lockers are for use by the assigned student only. No other student is authorised and locker space is not to be shared.
- Lockers should be accessed in non-lesson time only.
- Lockers are for the storage of devices, learning materials, uniform items and small personal items only.
- Park Ridge SHS is not responsible for theft or damage of items stored in student lockers.
- No illegal substances, weapons or other prohibited or offensive materials are to be placed in school lockers.
- Lockers may be inspected by school staff regularly for compliance of use.
- Permission to use the locker may be terminated where a student does not comply with the conditions of use or school policies or rules.
- Students who enter or attempt to enter another student’s locker are subject to consequences outlined in the Park Ridge SHS Responsible Behaviour Plan for Students.
Each locker comes with a combination padlock to use with their locker for the year. The following rules govern the use of combination locks:
Rules of Use
- Locks are only for use with school lockers and are not to be removed from the locker
- Combination codes should not be shared with others
- Report any missing or damaged locks immediately to Resource Centre staff.
- Test your combination lock is properly secure every time you close it by giving it a firm tug (as though to open it again).
- Damaged or missing locks are replaced by the school but access is only restored once a $15 replacement fee is paid.