Our units are created to give students the opportunity to achieve and exceed our expectations.
In Year 8, we build students' knowledge of the basics including, recapping sentence structure, introducing literary devices for each new genre they are exposed to and spelling rules. Across the various units covered, year 8 students are exposed to the idea that authors position readers through specific language choices. They then apply that knowledge through various genres.
In Year 9, we increase the rigour as students begin to explore complexities as writers of language, through units that explore persuasive, analytical and speculative writing.
As students enter Year 10, their skills in critical thinking are reinforced with a focus on more complex forms like satire, poetry and monologues.
What are we studying?
Students are supported through careful planning and data analysis because
every lesson counts!
Assessment - 100% submission target
Across all year levels it is expected that students will complete both written and spoken assessment pieces as outlined in our curriculum documents.
How to maximise potential?
- Dedicate time to build success on task related work.
- Prepare thoroughly for each lesson.
- Seek extra help via tutorials and teacher conferencing.
- Time manage effectively, especially around assessment time.
- Involve parents in the learning process.
- Work together with teachers, act on explicit feedback and maximise class time.
- Remain positive and build relationships of respect.
- Attend school regularly, submit all assignments and strive to achieve a pass or higher.
- Attend school regularly, submit all assessment and strive to achieve a pass or higher.