The Resource Centre is a core part of Park Ridge State High School and offers a friendly, comfortable and functional environment with areas for reading, research and study. It has welcoming spaces which support teaching, learning and a strong sense of community.
Students will find our Library staff, the IT Help Desk and our Senior Schooling Hub at home inside the Resource Centre.
|Monday - Thursday||8am - 4pm|
|Friday||8am - 3pm|
Homework help is available Monday - Thursday after school and some tutorials are offered after school by arrangement with subject area staff.
What the Resource Centre provides
- Spaces for students to study together (or independently) during class time and breaks.
- Spaces which allow students to sit together, read and converse quietly during breaks
- Literature promotion, changing displays of students’ artwork, ‘What’s on’ in our community and information about some tertiary study options.
- Access to a range of fiction and non-fiction books which support the curriculum and students’ interests.
- Access to a photocopier, scanner and printer.
- Access to resources for Student Resource Scheme
Resource Centre staff assist students with their reading, referencing and research needs. Students are taught information literacy skills which allow them to maximise learning outcomes by conducting research independently and effectively.
Our Youth Services Coordinator is also available in the building.
IT Help Desk
Students can access the IT Help Desk inside the Resource Centre during opening hours every day:
- 8:00 am - 10:30 am*
- Breaks 1 & 2
- 3:00 pm - 3:30 pm
*The IT Help Desk is only available for genuine emergencies during Period 1. Students need to present a signed note in their organiser from their teacher.