The Resource Centre (Library) offers a friendly and functional environment with areas for reading, research and study.
They are welcoming spaces which support teaching, learning and a strong sense of community.
|Monday||8am - 3pm|
|Tuesday - Friday||8am - 4pm|
Homework help is available Tuesday – Friday after school and some tutorials are offered after school by arrangement with subject area staff.
What the Resource Centre provides
- Spaces for students to study together (or independently) during class time and breaks.
- Spaces which allow students to sit together, read and converse quietly during breaks
- Five teaching/learning areas with access to three data projectors and the ability to accommodate large groups.
- Thirty six desktop computers and wireless network coverage allowing students to access the school network, internet, library catalogue, email and offsite databases.
- Literature promotion, changing displays of students’ artwork, ‘What’s on’ in our community and information about some tertiary study options.
- Access to a wide range of fiction and non-fiction books, magazines and a daily newspaper which support the curriculum and students’ interests.
- Access to a photocopier, scanner and printer.
- Access to resources for Shared Resource Hire Scheme (Book room).
Resource Centre staff assist students with their reading, referencing and research needs. Students are taught information literacy skills which allow them to maximise learning outcomes by conducting research independently and effectively.