Park Ridge SHS provides both minimum (limited functionality) and recommended hardware requirements for BYOx.
These requirements are for general, non-technical subjects in years 7-9. Senior students studying Media, ICT or Design) should check the buying guide and their subject teachers before buying a BYOx device.
Parents are strongly advised to purchase a protective case, additional warranty and accidental damage insurance.
Park Ridge has developed a useful buying guide to help parents choose an appropriate device for their child.
Download the Park Ridge BYOx Buying Guide (PDF, 242KB)
If minimum specifications are not met, the laptop cannot connect to the school network.
OS not supported: Chromebooks, Android, Windows 8.1 or older, Linux
The school has partnered with several retailers that offer devices suitable for school.
- DELL (Username: PRSHS, password: parent)
- JB Hi-Fi (School code: PARKRIDGESHSBYOD2021)
- HP Online (School code: ParkRidgeSHS, 5% Discount code: park5%)
Why buy through our portals?
The portals available through the school come with the following benefits:
- All devices have been approved by our technical staff
- 0% interest 12-month payment plans available for most devcies
- Some vendors offer devices designed specifically for education and are not available in retail stores
- Easy bundling of Accidental Damage Protection (considered essential)
- School based technical support, including repairs at school
Hire & scholarship options
Buying a new laptop can be done with a 12-month payment plan in most cases. However, if you are in financial difficulty Park Ridge SHS has limited hire options available.